The fundamental principle of the Trust is a group of schools working together to enhance staff professional learning in ways which add value over and above the impact of schools working separately. This involves managing the resources for professional learning, people and money, in ways which increase the capacity of individual schools.
Comments from evaluations at the end of the first year
about the success of the BEST Trust include:
• Clear agendas based on current issues.
• Opportunities for working together and sharing practice.
• Much closer links between schools.
• The ability to influence the development of the Collaborative.
• The quality of the bespoke training.