Supporting Pupils with Loss and Bereavement
|Date||Thursday 15th March||1.30 – 4.00pm|
All school staff including teaching and support staff.
To discuss children’s understanding of loss and change including their understanding of divorce and separation;
- To outline children’s understanding of death and the process of grief;
- To discuss where loss, bereavement and change is evidenced in the curriculum;
- To examine practical strategies to support pupils’ emotional health and wellbeing.
Promoting Positive Mental Health
|Date||Tuesday 1st May||9.15 -11.45am|
|Tuesday 22nd May||9.15 -11.45am|
(2 part course. must attend both sessions)
- To raise knowledge and awareness of children’s mental health.
- To explore the risk and resilience factors linked to children’s mental health.
- To examine practical strategies to support children’s emotional health and wellbeing.
- To begin to think about your own professional development, whole school development and next steps in this area.
- Target group all school staff including support staff.
|Date||Tuesday 5th June||1.00 -3.30PM|
Teachers/TAs Key Stage 1 & 2
To enable the participants to:
- Understand the nature and function of Precision Teaching.
- Understand the procedures for implementing Precision Teaching.
- Practice implementing Precision Teaching Techniques.
Supporting Language Development in EYFS
|Date||Tuesday 27th March||9.00am to 12 noon|
“The ability to communicate is an essential life skill for all children and young people and it underpins a child’s social, emotional and educational development” Bercow Report (2008). Difficulties with language development are one of the most common difficulties in childhood. This course is about recognising difficulties with language, the impact they can have upon a child’s development and strategies and ideas which settings can put in place in order to support these skills. The session will provide opportunities for reflection and ongoing discussion in order to share best practice and practical strategies.
- To reflect on current good practice.
- To consider the impact of difficulties with language on children’s learning and development.
- Recognising when children have language needs and identifying which needs to address.
- Discussion on how to support children with language difficulties.
- Action planning.
Using Person-centred Practice Within Schools
|Date||Tuesday 8th May||1.30 to 4.00pm.|
|Wednesday 13th June||1.30 to 4.00pm.|
To develop a greater understanding of person centred practices and how they can be used within schools.
- To introduce person-centred approaches.
- To think about how we are already person-centred in our work.
- To think about how we can take these practices forward.
- Lots of discussion/questions.
Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse/Abuse Awareness
|Date||Wednesday 25th April||1.30 to 4.00pm.|
This course is for teachers/TAs who are interested in developing their understanding and skills in working with children and young people (CYP) who are the survivors of sexual abuse.
Course Leader: Jo Greenwood
HCPC registered Educational Psychologist and qualified integrative counsellor
We will explore together definitions, statistics and myths around sexual abuse, the grooming process, how we can recognise the signs, and how we can support CYP post disclosure. The course aims to stimulate thought, build confidence and develop self awareness around ‘what we can do’ to support CYP who are survivors of sexual abuse and raise awareness.